Re: how to force chronyd to be online after booting

On 09/27/2014 07:17 AM, lee wrote:
Hm, you don't use UPSs?

:-)

It's a long story. I'll make it short: I'm in Haiti. Grid power is an iffy proposition.

:-)

So we have to have heavy backups. That means generators and large inverters. There is always a slight delay when switching to batteries. Some computers are more sensitive to that delay than others, particularly when the batteries are nearing end of life.

My setup is not that critical and does not require the expense of a real UPS. Still, I did get 50 days uptime once on a ARM system. Typically it's 5 to 7 days.

--
Philippe

------
The trouble with common sense it that it is so uncommon.
<Anonymous>