Re: 2 fork or ~2 fork

On 09/26/2014 07:51 PM, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 9/26/2014 6:21 PM, John Hasler wrote:
Ric Moore writes:
Plunk down your money to sue a "club" that you volunteered to join.

He isn't a member of the club: he is not a Debian Developer.  He's some
guy who accepted a gift from the club and is now accusing them of fraud
and threatening to sue because the next gift they offer him may not be
to his liking.

He's just a loon.  Killfile him and move on.

Actually, he might have a case here - at least in the United States.
The Debian contract lays out some promises; as a user, if he could prove
those promises were abridged, he could get a judgement against Debian
and/or the individual developers.

Whether he could win or not is, of course, up to the courts.

Whether he could win or not depends on if he's willing to shell out his own money to find out. I hope he tries, as the experience with the judicial system will prove to be ~highly~ educational. Ric

Linux user# 44256