Re: Can't We Have Another Vote for Systemd (Coup)

Club or not, common law criminal fraud applies.

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 9:01 PM, Ric Moore <wayward4now@gmail.com> wrote:
On 09/25/2014 02:25 PM, Joel Roth wrote:

I would say that systemd takeover of major Linux distributions
and of Debian in particular would be a perfect subject
for Groklaw.

How so?? Legally, Debian has the legal stance of a "Club". It is not a for-profit with Corporate Responsibilities towards share holders and/or the Government, who authorizes and spells out the said protections and responsibilities of a Legally Incorporated Corporation.

Who would you sue for relief?? A "club"?? Membership is free, you are free to come and go at any time, there are no restrictions to your freedom to belong to this "club" or not. You are free to boot Debian and use it, or pound sand, since there is no financial investment on the members of the "Club" where membership is completely and expressly voluntary.

So, what would you allege as abuse to yourself, since the members of the technical steering committee followed the letter of the Debian technical committee rules? They had the power to decide and they did.

My old attorney in Texas told me that he "would sue anybody for anything". once I dropped 5 grand on the table ...in advance. If you have 5 grand to blow, I'll give you his name. I know he will take your money, ...no doubt at all. Ric

Linux user# 44256