Re: Problem with SSH host keys

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 3:41 AM, Karl E. Jorgensen
<karl@jorgensen.org.uk> wrote:

> Another good reason not to hash the known_hosts file: bash command
> completion - after "ssh" or "scp" the bash command completion will use
> ~/.ssh/known_hosts to suggest/complete hosts. Brilliant stuff.

Weird the ssh host completion that zsh (or maybe it's something in
omz) has seems to handle it fine. It seems to work with ssh (not very
well with remote commands though), scp (I don't use it much), and
rsync (though there are some quoting issues with globing - I was
working on making that work, but got side tracked).

That said, I plan to split up my known_hosts using the
UserKnownHostsFile option Don pointed out as I'm now at >100 lines.
Not much of an issue since ssh tells me what line is the issue and if
I know something has changed (ie, most of my hosts now use ed25519) I
open up vim and ##gdd:wq and than verify the new fingerprint. But,
that would just be much cleaner.