cron in UTC?

Greetings,

I carry my wheezy laptop over various timezones, and my VPS with which
it communicates is on the Europe/London zone, which uses DST.

The result of this is that cron tasks, which are triggered by localtime
become unsynchronised, and only by arranging the task times very
carefully can I ensure that they're run in the right order across hosts.
This is not very satisfactory.

It occurs to me that Cron should have a config option to select the
timezone in which it operates, regardless of the the localtime setting.
Searching around, this doesn't seem to exist.

An alternative, found by googling, appears to be to wrap cron in a
script, satting TZ=UTC. I guess this would not be update-proof.

Has anyone here found any other solutions, or have any suggestions, please?

--
Tony van der Hoff        | mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org
Buckinghamshire, England |