Re: Problem with SSH host keys

On Tue, 23 Sep 2014, Keith Lawson wrote:
> I'll have to look into doign this too. I'm sure there's an explanation
> to this considering things like user@domain.ca and user@host.domain.ca
> have different results but if the keys weren't hashed in known_hosts
> it would make troubleshooting a lot simpler.

Yeah. I actually still use hashing, but I pre-populate known_hosts as
much as possible.

I actually use totally different known_hosts files for different domains
which are checked into git, and then have entries like:

Host *.donarmstrong.com
 UserKnownHostsFile ~/.ssh/known_hosts_don

in ~/.ssh/config.

monkeysphere may also be an interesting alternative to look at as well.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you really want to test his
character, give him power.
 -- Abraham Lincoln