Re: systemd bug closed - next steps?

On Tue 23 Sep 2014 at 19:30:34 +0200, Erwan David wrote:

> Compare it to to a init system which is the main reason to choose a
> desktop environment...
>
> See
> http://www.webupd8.org/2014/09/debian-switches-back-to-gnome-from-xfce.html
>

> So sytemd does in fact orient *everything*. You are not "integrated"
> into systemd, I am not sure debian will still be for you.
>
> That's the worse behaviuour of the worst commercial software vendor :
> wanting to lock usrers into what the vendor choose and denying them
> freedom to choose.

You do not like that systemd will be the default init system for Jessie.
Tough. Exercise your choice not to have it. Or is easier to moan rather
than just get on with using sysvinit?

As for your link, you could at least have quoted a primary source, the
mail from Joey Hess making the announcement. That way people could judge
for themselves rather than relying on your inconsequential remarks.