Re: There is no choice

On 20/09/14 22:20, Don Armstrong wrote:
In all of these separate threads, you have been doing little but
maligning people who are volunteering for Debian. It's not a nice thing
to do, it's not pleasant to read, and in doing so, you're actively
draining existing contributor's desire to continue working on Debian.

I can sympathize with developers who feel pissed off by the criticism raised here, and I personally have no problem saying "thank you" to them as many times as Lisi Reisz or anybody else deems appropriate.

But, and please correct me if I'm wrong, isn't it true that the developers we are talking about in the context of systemd and similar achievements - while maybe "volunteering" for Debian - are also paid developers working for a commercial company that just *might* have a totally different agenda than serving Debian users' interests? A company for which Debian is a competitor at that? Shouldn't that make one think?

p.