Re: View on UNIX purism in Linux Community

On Wednesday 17 September 2014 21:20:19 Bret Busby wrote:
> Out here in the federation of penal colonies - the anti-poads, what we
> have heard, of the arguments and predictions of the leaders of the
> parliamentary parties of the english parliament, makes it appear that
> the english parliament believes that if Scotland votes for
> independence, then England will be broken off the island and cast
> adrift, and drift to the edge of the world, and fall off, to disappear
> forever, leaving only Scotland and Ireland remaining, and, England
> existing nevermore

Ah!  That is the first time you, or anyone else, ha(ve)(s) even hinted at
England.  And there is no English Parliament, so I don't know how you
Antipodeans hear anything from non-existent English Parliamentary parties.
There is a UK Parliament, an Irish Stormont (parliament), a Welsh Assembly, a
Scottish Parliament.  NO English Parliament.  (There are four countries in
the United Kingdom: Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England.)

No, for England to be broken off the Island, it would have to exist in the
first place.  Can you name a single current politician who even knows that
there might be a country/nation called England?  Except Nigel Farage, of
course, and he doesn't really count as a politician.  (John Major mentioned
it very briefly in passing, but he is hardly current.)

But this is getting political.  Not permitted.  We'd better stop.

Lisi