Re: View on UNIX purism in Linux Community

On Wednesday 17 September 2014 16:54:02 Curt wrote:
> On 2014-09-17, Gian Uberto Lauri <saint@eng.it> wrote:
> > > I think that was humor (smiley).
> >
> > Really? I did not see any.
>
> Yes, that's obvious enough.
>
> > > I was going to ask you what the whole
> > > the thing had to do with Blade Runner, but I didn't.
> >
> > Still can't see the humor. Maybe you guys have something strong to
> > share...
>
> Merely a cinematic reference.

British (Anglo-Saxon?) humour.  Since you said "humor", Curt, presumably
Anglo-Saxon, not specifically British.

Sorry Gian Uberto Lauri, this is an international list, but it is also an
English speaking one.  Native speakers will occasionally stray into humour
which is not obvious to all nationalities.

They have nothing strong to share, except a knowledge of English idiom and
expression.

Lisi