Re: Error with Latest Google Chrome Stable

Kenneth Jacker <khj@be.cs.appstate.edu> wrote:
> [ Debian stable ]

> A few days ago, I updated Chrome from:

>    google-chrome-stable:amd64 37.0.2062.94-1

> to:

>    google-chrome-stable:amd64 37.0.2062.120-1

> That update caused pages with embedded Adobe Flash to malfunction (with
> various nasty error windows appearing).

> I tried to find the "right", and ideally a straight forward fix, but failed.

> So instead, I removed the "120" version, and reinstalled "94".

> Flash returned to normal!

> Is this a known bug?  With Chrome?  With Flash?

This is known. For some unknown reasons Google decided to link their
libpepflash.so with glibc-2.14, which is unavailable in Wheezy.

> Will Google/Adobe distribute "fixed" versions?

One can hope. Their is a bug open (which I am unable to find right now)
and it seems the Google engineers are looking into it.

> Or, might there be some "workaround"?

Downgrade to the latest working version. Pin or hold that package until
a fixed version is released.

Grüße,
Sven.

--