Re: MDADM RAID1 of external USB 3.0 Drives

On 09/14/2014 04:35 PM, lee wrote:
> Linux-Fan <Ma_Sys.ma@web.de> writes:
>
>> Also, the reliability of the external storage is required to be
>> perfect
>
> Then forget USB disks.  Get an HP Microserver and reliable disks.

Sorry, forgot to insert a not :).
It should read "the reliability of the external storage is NOT required
to be perfect" (otherwise the explaination would not make sense, would it?)

also,

Dan Ritter wrote:
> Inspecting a wheezy system, I see:
>
> /etc/init.d/mdadm-raid
>
>         for line in $($MDADM --assemble --scan --auto=yes
> --symlink=no 2>&1); do
>           IFS=$IFSOLD
>
> You'll want to add --no-degraded to the list of flags here.

Concerning editing the initscript: I am now going to do that but I guess
it is going to produce trouble when upgrading to Jessie.

Linux-Fan

--
http://masysma.lima-city.de/