Re: Query about existence of way to free up unnecessary RAM usage

On 09/10/2014 02:51 PM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
On Wednesday 10 September 2014 19:42:57 Martin Read wrote:
On 10/09/14 18:07, Curt wrote:
Then why do the (net)installer(s) apply an obsolete principle when you
accept a/the default partioning scheme(s) (well, at least the Squeeze
netinstaller I used way back when did so).

My first guess would be "because it's not so bad an idea that anyone in
a position to change it cares about changing it".

Anyway, that was a long time ago.  What about Jessie?

I just did a fresh install of Jessie, and while my existing swap partition was noted and initialized during install, I don't see if being mounted/used with 16 gig of ram. Ric

Linux user# 44256