Re: Very small font when printing from Icedove

On Wed, 10 Sep 2014 17:17:02 +0100, Brian wrote:
> On Wed 10 Sep 2014 at 10:20:39 +0200, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
>
> > I've tested it with 2 different printers (HP, Samsung).
> >
> > When I turn off the option "ignore scale and reduce to paper
> > size" (free translation) in the print options, the problem is gone,
> > but I have to do that every time, I don't know a way to make it
> > default.
> >
> > Does somebody know this problem, and maybe a solution?
> >
> > ( I've seen the problem at a customer, at the moment I cannot
> > reproduce the problem here.)
>
> lpoptions(1) might help with a diagnosis or a solution.

I found the solution, mainly thanks to Äkiidoll's post at
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=308116

In ~/.icedove/xxxxxxxx.default/prefs.js there is this line:

user_pref("print.print_shrink_to_fit", true);

Changing 'true' to 'false' turns the option off permanently.

In iceweasel and seamonkey, using the same gtk print dialog, it is
also possible to set this default in about:config.