Re: git: how to figure out with a script what the last commit on remote repo is without fetching it

On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 7:39 PM, lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de> wrote:
> [...]
> I have read so much documentation that I'm able to use git for what I'm
> using it.  If you are aware of some documentation that would be helpful
> for the problem at hand, please feel free to point it out.

How much have you read of this:

    http://git-scm.com/documentation ?

I'm not trying to be rude, but I wonder whether you'd do us a favor
and re-read the first two chapters. There are two specific subsections
that I'd suggest you slow down to read carefully, but I don't want to
encourage you to read just those two. You need the context.

--
Joel Rees

Be careful where you see conspiracy.
Look first in your own heart,
and ask yourself if you are not your own worst enemy.