Re: git: how to figure out with a script what the last commit on remote repo is without fetching it

On Sat, Sep 06, 2014 at 12:04:44AM +0200, lee wrote:
> how would I figure out what the last commit to a remote repo was without
> first fetching or pulling the remote repo?

This is an interesting question and I don't know the answer to it, perhaps it
is not yet possible. However, you might be able to solve the problem you have
in a different way: do you have write access to the remote repository? If so,
you should look into installing a post-update hook which will email you upon
commits being made to that repository.

--
Jonathan Dowland