Re: Choose your side on the Linux divide

On 8/28/14, AW <debian.list.tracker@1024bits.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 14:27:09 +0200
> Bzzzz <lazyvirus@gmx.com> wrote:
>
>  > this shift (schism?)
>
> It seems to me that the 'schism' is a figment of the imagination, as all
> major
> GNU/Linux distributions are actively porting, using, and integrating
> systemd.
> So, it's not so much a schism as a branch of non-conformists.  While
> there's
> nothing wrong with being a non-conformist, in regards to most of the
> complaints
> regarding systemd -- the argument does not appear to be about technical
> superiority, nor performance, nor FOSS, nor substantial in any way except
> in
> vaguely philosophical terms.  Any even this philosophical argument breaks
> down
> into an extraordinary hard line narrow view of what it means to run a *nix
> system.
>
> So, if Mr's and Ms's no-systemd no-way no-how wish to run something else, so
> be
> it... I've got no problem with that...  However, systemd is what all
> mainstream
> GNU/Linux distros will be running for the forseeable future - whether any
> one
> user likes it or not... Perhaps there are GNU/Linux users who have not
> enjoyed
> using sysvinit - and are welcoming the change... Isn't there the precise
> reverse argument that these users were 'forced' into using sysvinit and are
> now
> being 'freed' from its archaic, overly complex, and necessarily redundant
> bash
> scripting?

Logical argument alert!!

Whoa! Hey! Slow down there cowboy... it seems u trying to bring some
logic and common sense - well hell, in the words of many immortal
slashdot commenters, 'you must be new around here'.

You c, debian-user@ldo was recently purchased by Dice Holdings:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dice.com
and so there's a certain <ahem>standard</> that must be maintained.

This is why there was such a push for the Debian COC (Code Of
Conduct), to <ahem>lift the standard</>.

The Internet *is* my pulpit, no matter -what- I have to say.

Thank u vry much, no autographs just money plea$e!