Re: Choose your side on the Linux divide

On 8/27/14, Bzzzz <lazyvirus@gmx.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Aug 2014 21:18:23 -0400
> Miles Fidelman <mfidelman@meetinghouse.net> wrote:
>
>> To some material that at least one list member (me) found very useful
>> and informative.
>
> You're not alone.
>
> I followed all links given by the article, which convince me of one
> thing: I don't want this on my machines, especially on servers
> (and a recent unpleasant problem raised by systemd getting in
> emergency mode just for a bad line into /etc/fstab (that never
> caused any problem with sysV) has finished to convince me).
>
> The 'kernel debug systemd bug' thread is also edifying enough…
>
> I strongly hope Debian will still keep sysV available without any
> systemd part involved; otherwise I'm afraid it'll abruptly end
> 15 years of fidelity.

Yeahrp, def'nitely tha end of Debian!

It really is a sad, sad day.

None of:
https://wiki.debian.org/Debate/initsystem/systemd
was in the slightest convincing ... barely even interesting.

I dunno what these wiki moderators get off on... perhaps
we ought complain somewhere?

At least we're not alone...
<sound of Donkey, from Shrek>
I feel alone, so alone...</>