sysvinit->systemd transition details

Hello,

I have a Jessie-based system, which up to the last upgrade used sysvinit of course, and where I had added sysv-rc-conf, and was happily juggling with a few runlevels.

But after an upgrade (still in Jessie), systemd rules. No problem about this, but what degree of compatibility should I expect ? Specifically, is there some automated mechanism that would:

 - extract initdefault from inittab and do a "systemctl set-default runlevelX.target"

 - scan /etc/rcX.d and do the appropriate "systemctl enable" for all S scripts

If the answer is "no", why is sysv-rc-conf still tolerated under systemd ?

-Alex