Re: Using a second monitor

I use a second monitor on my old Dell Inspiron, and have 3 monitors on my main desktop.

Both have nVidia hardware, so I load up the nvidia-settings package and find I can configure the monitors as I like.  I generally like to extend the desktop, so that each monitor shows different stuff.  That means that on my main desktop machine, my workspaces are 5760 x 1080 pixels, and using workspace-switcher, I have 4 workspaces.

The OP should check what hardware runs the monitors.  There may be a good solution for you.

I use a second monitor on my old Dell Inspiron, and have 3 monitors on my main desktop.

Both have nVidia hardware, so I load up the nvidia-settings package and find I can configure the monitors as I like.  I generally like to extend the desktop, so that each monitor shows different stuff.  That means that on my main desktop machine, my workspaces are 5760 x 1080 pixels, and using workspace-switcher, I have 4 workspaces.

The OP should check what hardware runs the monitors.  There may be a good solution for you.

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 9:59 AM, Bret Busby <bret.busby@gmail.com> wrote:
On 14/08/2014, Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

<snip>

> Argumentum ab auctoritate. :)

Ah; does that mean that the stomach muscles of the argument, cause it
to autorotate?

--
Bret Busby
Armadale