Re: Using a second monitor

Brian writes:
 > On Thu 14 Aug 2014 at 14:22:25 +0200, saint@eng.it wrote:
 >
 > > Brian writes:
 > >  >
 > >  > Is there a reason to prefer .xinitrc over .xsession with startx?
 > >
 > > First of all,  I used .xinitrc when Linux kernel  version was below 0,
 > > my environment is more or less the same I used on the Sun boxes when I
 > > was a stuudent - including rainbow titlebar for WindowMaker :).
 >
 > Argumentum ad antiquitatem. :)

Reductio ad antiquitatem. :) (from Reductio ad Hitlerum).

BTW, it works for the equipment in the NFL. Or would you like to argue
with some veteran linebacker :) :) ?

 > > Then I read the letter from Mr. Prolux, gor a look to the scripts in
 > > /etc/X11/Xsession.d and now I state explicitly that I do not need X
 > > session management or, better, I do not want it.
 >
 > Fine. But, without explanation, personal use is probably not suitable

Agreed that people without technical skill have to use what a technician
prepared for them.

But I will stop using a GNU/Linux if it prevents me from using it the
way *I* want, since I am supposed to know what I do :).

I suppose that Debian will never violate Property[0] of the Free
Software.

--
 /\           ___                                    Ubuntu: ancient
/___/\_|_|\_|__|___Gian Uberto Lauri_____               African word

Warning: gnome-config-daemon considered more dangerous than GOTO