Problem with Debian 6 LTS and vlc

Hello.

I am not sure whether support queries specific to Debian 6 LTS, should
be posted to this list, or to the LTS list - on the web page at
https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/Contact#debian-lts
is

"
Mailing lists

debian-lts

https://lists.debian.org/debian-lts/ (gmane)

Debian. Everyone involved or interested in providing Long-Term Support
for Debian should feel free to join this list. Discussion of policy,
on-going support issues, and anything else relating to LTS are all
on-topic here.
"

which makes that list appear to me (along with the messages that I
have so far seen posted to it), to be for developers, rather than for
Debian 6 LTS users who are seeking support.

I have just tried to install vlc on this laptop.

At first attempt, it kept prompting for the "disc number...", so I
checked the /etc/apt/sources.list file, and found that it was not set
up for LTS.

So, I updated the /etc/apt/sources.list file, as (I believe) shown on
the relevant wiki web page, and ran apt-get update and then apt-get
upgrade, and that apparently included removal of about 3.6MB of
something (it did not say what would be removed).

But, now I can not install vlc.

I get, in the error box (the error classification/description, can not
be copied and pasted),

"
vlc:
 Depends: vlc-nox but it is not going to be installed
 Depends: libfribidi0 (>=0.19.2) but it is not installable
 Depends: libsdl-image1.2 (>=1.2.10) but it is not installable
 Depends: libxcb-keysyms1 (>=0.3.6) but it is not installable
 Recommends: vlc-plugin-notify but it is not going to be installed
 Recommends: vlc-plugin-pulse but it is not going to be installed
"

Is vlc no longer installable, on Debian 6?

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."