Re: systemd fails to poweroff - "A stop job is running for Session 2 of user $USER"

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 10:50 AM, Zenaan Harkness <zen@freedbms.net> wrote:

> Debian sid
>
> systemd currently fails to poweroff for me
>
> XFCE (appears to) exit, the mouse point shows
> for a while, then the kernel/ shutdown log appears.
>
> The last message is:
> "A stop job is running for Session 2 of user me"
>
> Red asterisks (up to 3) appear to oscillate at left
> edge in an ascii "wait for me" animation.
>
> Requires hard powercycle to poweroff.
>
> How might I debug this?

I've been assuming that the Debian maintainers had backported the fix
to (1) in the link above, but perhaps not. I haven't experienced this
though and you seem to be the first to report this on the list in
spite of many seemingly using systemd in testing and unstable,
willingly or not.