Re: par2

On 09/08/14 08:32 PM, David Christensen wrote:
On 08/09/2014 12:24 PM, Gary Dale wrote:
However I can see you wanting them to be
out of the way. par2 actually puts them in the current directory unless
you tell it differently so you could for example do:
   cd /mnt/datadrive/.par2/stuff
   par2 c files.par2 ../../stuff/*
or just:
   par2 c /mnt/datadrive/.par2/stuff/files.par2 /mnt/datadrive/stuff/*
or even:
   cd /mnt/datadrive/stuff
   par2 c ../.par2/stuff/files.par2 *

Okay. I'll need to write a wrapper script to create and populate the tree.

David

Yes. The wrapper script would check for new files and directories then create the new par2s and necessary directories in the .par2 tree.