Re: Software compatibility between different architectures?

>> how compatible are drivers on ports for different CPU architectures,
>> e.g. I have a USB HSDPA modem which works great on Wheezy port for x86
>> architecture, but can I expect it to work on Wheezy port for ARM?
>
> If your ARM platform's USB driver works, then yes, you can expect the
> exact same support for any USB device you plug into it.

I see. So usually there are no driver or other software issues because
of different CPU architecture, i.e. once the kernel successfully boots
up on ARM platform one can expect everything work exactly same as on
wide-spread x86/x86-64 architecture?

thanks,
Martin