Re: IP Forwarding to Windows machine

Hello,

Mike McClain a écrit :
>     I've been trying to get my hand rolled iptables firewall to
> masquerade traffic on the LAN to/from a Win2K box.

Please describe your network topology. Where's the Win2k box ?
What's S40 ?

> I've gotten it to
> the point that I can ping from the boxes both ways,

Which boxes ?

> smbclient can move files both ways

Smbclient run on which box ?

> and the Win2K box can ping Google's IP address but DNS
> lookup fails even though I've used the same DNS server in the Win2K
> box as on my Debian box which access the Inet via dialup. IE says
> "Cannot find server or DNS error."
>     I've read every HOWTO and the iptables man pages several times but
> am at a loss.
>     Suggestions?

Same as Nemeth Gyorgy : restart without any filtering, just the IP
forwarding and masquerading. If it does not work, it's not due to
filtering. Then when everything works add the filtering.