Re: How to fix intermittently disappearing mouse pointer ? <narrowed down>

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 10:41 PM, Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> wrote:
> [...]
> It's not intermittent anymore. I can reproduce it at will. I can log
> out and rerun X, and do almost anything, including change screen
> resolution, and this symptom will not appear until I run claws-mail and
> cursor over a message in the message list. Once I do that, the symptom
> appears on [most|all] GUI programs, until I leave X and return.
> Interestingly, I can run Claws-Mail and cursor over buttons with
> popups, and the symptom doesn't appear until I've cursored over a
> message in the message list.
>
> [...]
> Joel Rees, if you're using Claws-Mail, you should view it as a suspect.

I use Sylpheed for some things, Google's webmail for the list. (Lazy, yes.)

But I think the real bug is not in Claws, although hand-installing the
latest version of Claws may help. Be interested in what you hear from
them.

X11 should limit the amount of damage an application can do to the
pointer, and that's what I was focusing on.

--
Joel Rees

Be careful where you see conspiracy.
Look first in your own heart.