Re: Threading using digest and kmail (was Re: Exim4 not routing local mail ... )

On Ma, 05 aug 14, 13:01:48, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> >
> > I'm not very familiar with Gmail's interface, but Outlook definitely
> > does have threaded views.
>
> As of the last time I used Outlook a couple of years ago Outlook did
> not have threads but had "conversations".  Outlook sorted by subject
> line.  Any message with the same subject was grouped together into a
> "conversation" whether it was related or not.  And similarly if you
> had a discussion thread and changed the subject then in Outlook that
> started a new "conversation".  Outlook "conversations" grouped by
> subject is a poor substitute for message threading.  Are you sure it
> is really threads and not conversations?

Yes, that's exactly what I meant and I prefer real threading anytime.
There are two advantages of Outlook however:

 - the conversation view can show messages in any folder
 - search folders

I can recreate some of that with notmuch, but I would like to experiment
with mutt-kz (RFP #698672) as I don't use emacs.

Kind regards,
Andrei