Re: date/time of photos [was: Re: [SOLVED, but...] mounting a Nikon camera]

On 04/08/2014, ken <gebser@mousecar.com> wrote:
> It was quite awhile ago, but I used gthumb to offload photos from my
> Nikon.  I didn't like it though because the date&time of the photos were
> all changed to the date&time of the download.  I much prefer to keep the
> date&time when the photo was taken.  What experience do others have?
>
> On 08/04/2014 03:44 AM Lisi Reisz wrote:
>> On Sunday 03 August 2014 20:18:04 jeremy bentham wrote:
>>> Lisi, why is it cowardly to mount the SD card by itself?
>>
>> It ducks the problems!  I take one look at the complications - and take
>> the
>> easy way. ;-)
>>
>> Lisi
>>
>>> I would
>>> certainly have done that, but I don't have the hardware; maybe
>>> I'm about to discover I should have acquired it.

As I have said elsewhere, regarding the original thread, and, whilst
you have not stated which version of Debian you are using, without
which, it may be difficult to determine whether the software is
available for your version, I suggest that Shotwell be tried and its
results examined.

I have found, apart from the ease of uploading the image files, the
information about each image file, to be good.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."