Re: Automatic upgrades stalls on the last kernel release

On 28/07/14 15:48:56, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

Thanks for your reply, Henrique. I don't really know if that was the
problem.

I thought I'd try the upgrades again, and noticed that it was slowly
upgrading - reducing the upgrade queue.

after a couple of repeated attempts running the upgrade it cleared the
queue and there were no more updates to apply. Hurrah!

But then, since there was a new kernel in the upgrades  I rebooted, to
find the system wouldn't boot.

Fortunately, I could still read the disk partitions with user data.

I have now just finished installing on a new bigger disk and
transferring all the user files, mail system, web pages etc, to the new
disk.

> > 1. I'm wondering if it's a disk space issue.
>
> Or lack of free inodes issue.  Run "df -i" to check.

News is what somebody somewhere wants to suppress; all the rest is just
advertising.

Lord Northcliffe