Re: systemd unable to enter emergeny mode (and failing to skip mount)

On Tue, 2014-07-29 at 12:28 +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Ma, 29 iul 14, 00:47:21, Redalert Commander wrote:
> >
> > When specifying init=/bin/sh on the kernel command line in grub,
> > I can boot into a shell, remount the root filesystem as rw (it's
> > mounted ro when doing this),
> > and edit /etc/fstab.
> > After commenting out the array from fstab, systemd let me boot up
> > normally so I can fix the array.
>
> If the array is not essential for your system you should add 'nofail' to
> its fstab entry.
>
> Kind regards,
> Andrei

Thanks for the advice Andrei, I'll change that line.

I still think the timeout is wrong in this case and there is the issue
of not being able to enter 'emergency mode'. But as Michael Biebl
pointed out in an earlier thread there is a new version waiting to enter
unstable, so better test that one first.

Best regards,
Steven