Re: Latest Jessie doesn't respond to /etc/default/tmpfs "RAMTMP=yes"

On Du, 27 iul 14, 17:31:37, Rick Thomas wrote:

> I still can’t figure out how to exercise control over the size and
> other mount options, the way I used to be able to do under sysvinit
> using options in /etc/default/tmpfs .

Create /etc/systemd/system/tmp.mount with something like:

.include /lib/systemd/system/tmp.mount
[Mount]
Options=... (your options)

It's not entirely clear from the documentation if your options replace
or just add to the ones in the included unit, but I'd be interested to
know as well.

All of the above is a) untested b) based on information found in
systemd.unit(5) and systemd.mount(5). For the options relevant for tmpfs
you'll have to check mount(8).

As a side note, I'd also be interested in the reasons for the default
options set by the systemd tmp.mount unit (mode=1777,strictatime), a
superficial web search did not find anything.

Kind regards,
Andrei