Re: capitalone banking website compatibility with iceweasel

[TopPosting with appropriate apologies ;/

Contacting "Tech Support" not ALWAYS best route to solving tech problem.

Contact your local branch manager with supporting documentation.
For this approach to work you must:
  1. supply good trouble shooting documentation
  2. have established relationship with local branch

"Been there", "Done that", "Have the tee-shirt"
When my bank first rolled out "online banking", it had problems.
I passed USEFUL diagnostic info to local branch manager.
It got passed up on internal network as I had established creditability.
Now [~5 years later] there is a different problem.
I went up "chain of responsibility". Response coming down was not as desired.
HOWEVER communication still open.
Now I must persuade them that "solving the problem" is in *THEIR* best interest.

kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
The capitalone banking website (https://banking.capitalone.com/)
is not working with iceweasel. It does not display the login
form. The error message is

"We're sorry, our system experienced an error displaying the
login form."

I tried installing xul-ext-useragentswitcher and used Iceweasel
-> Tools -> Default User Agent -> Internet Explorer -> Internet
Explorer 8. This displays the login form but does not let me log
in. Has anyone been able to get it to work with iceweasel?

rajulocal@hogwarts:~/chess$ dpkg -l iceweasel
xul-ext-useragentswitcher chromium
ii  chromium
35.0.1916.153-2              amd64
Chromium web browser
ii  iceweasel
30.0-2                       amd64                        Web
browser based on Firefox
ii  xul-ext-useragentswitcher
0.7.3-1                      all
Iceweasel/Firefox addon that allows the user to choose user agents

As a temporary work around, I am using chromium which works fine.

I tried calling capitalone online banking support ( 877-442-3764
) who said "we support IE, firefox, google chrome but do not
support Iceweasel". In fact the tech support person has not even
heard of Iceweasel before. I tried making a point that Iceweasel
is just a rebranded version of firefox... but their answer is the
same. If you are a capital one banking customer and if you use
Debian, please call them and make them aware of the problem. May
be if enough customers complain, they would do something about it.

thanks
raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi