systemd support for init level use case

I'm on stable, but I'm reading the threads about systemd and I want to be
prepared for the next stable release. I run a RAID1 with an encryption loop
and LVM on top of that for my home directories and a number of data volumes
(i.e. nothing system-critical like /usr or /var).

I boot into init level 2, which does not bring up the RAID, much less
encryption, LVM, or mounted filesystems. I then log in as root on the
console and run a script to bring up the additional filesystems,
particularly the encryption. This requires interaction to supply the
password. Once the filesystems are mounted, the script runs /sbin/telinit 3
to start additional services which depend on those filesystems (apache2,
exim4, fetchmail, etc.).

I don't always want to bring everything up, and I certainly don't want boot
to hang on user input waiting for the encryption password. Does systemd
have some init level equivalent? Should I be modeling my script as several
custom systemd services (which are not automatically started), including
some virtual service that depends on all the ones I'm currently bringing up
as init level 3?

Note that I am not complaining about the upcoming switch to systemd, just
trying to understand and prepare for the implications for my particular
needs.

--Greg