Re: [SOLVED] Re: inserting kernel modules on startup

On 24/07/14 08:00 PM, Michael Biebl wrote:
Am 25.07.2014 01:24, schrieb Gary Dale:
As it stands, instead of the .conf files telling you how to configure
the system for that module, you have to look at all the .confs to figure
out what will happen. This kind of defeats the purpose of breaking the
configuration into separate files for each module.

Well, yeah. This might be a misunderstanding on your part.
You'll have to look at all the files combined as a whole, and not a
single one.
Isn't that what I said? I'm asking for how this makes sense.

Shouldn't each module be a self-contained configuration? If a module is needed, why should the configuration of a non-used module interfere? This strikes me as a design flaw, not a feature.