Re: FWIW: script vs. configurtion file

On 2014-07-23, Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> wrote:

> Where does one see the list charter? Neither googling
> "debian-user"+"mailing list"+charter nore  "debian-user"+"mailing
> list"+rules nor a search on the debian.org site itself nor just general
> searching came up with it within the top 20 results.

I was going to say that Bannister kept the charter under his bed in a locked
safe, or that it was preserved in the Louvre *in vitro* and you had to
stand in line for long hours in order to see the document, but then I told
myself: Curt, forget it, baby--not funny.

There is no "charter," Steve.

There is this:

And maybe more somewhere, more rules and regulations we can abuse and
break until we're banned like incurable lepers from the community.

I do notice that old Bannister never, ever complains about the html posters,
rather numerous in these parts, as I read this hard and fast rule in the
non-existant "charter":

 Never send your messages in HTML; use plain text instead.

Chacun voit midi à sa porte.

Shit.

System D.  Système D.  I just got it!