Re: Copy machine?

Le 21.07.2014 18:58, Chris a écrit :
Dear Steve,

On 07/18/2014 09:37 PM, Steve Kemp wrote:
  This is pretty much it.  I've migrated from Xen, and KVM, to real
 physical machines.

I'm using VirtualBox. The guest has no special kernel.

  If you perform the fixups it should work.  Off the top of my head
 the changes you'll need to make include:

Fixing /etc/fstab to refer to the new disks, rather than /dev/vda, etc.

There were UUIDs, I've replaced them with /dev/sda1 and so on.

  Fixing grub for the same reason.

I did this and the Ubuntu guest is booting on the physical machine. X is
starting.

Installing a suitable kernel and modules, since a Xen kernel won't work, etc.

I think the kernel should be okay.

  Ensuring /dev is fully populated, or using udev.

How do I have to do this? I've just copied /dev with rsync without any
special parameters. Later I tried to copy /dev without the rsync
--delete option, but it didn't work.

Finally updating the initrd image is pretty much mandatory when you
 make these kind of changes.

I called update-initramfs on the physical machine, but it still doesn't
work.

Is there any program on Debian or Ubuntu that is looking for new
hardware and loading the drivers required?

Why is the network card driver not loaded, although the card is shown in
lspci?

Could it be because of the MAC address? (yeah, probably a stupid idea, but...)

--
Christian