Re: [help-cfengine] init spawning multiple cf-execd processes at once

cf-execd is the scheduler that is responsible for executing the agent (cf-agent) at the scheduled intervals (by default 5 every minutes).

By default cf-agent will start cf-execd, cf-serverd and cf-monitord if they aren't running. Instead of putting cf-execd in inittab you could add a cron job that runs cf-agent at less frequent intervals.

To be honest though, I haven't had any problems with cf-execd crashing in quite some time. It's been extremely stable for me for at least the past three years.

--
Brian Bennett
Looking for CFEngine training?