Re: manual Packages file download?

Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> BTW, my entire sources.list file is th single line:
> deb ftp://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/debian sid main contrib non-free
> Now trying with http instead of ftp...
> TADA! Works fine.

Note that if you are running sid that it is recommended to also
include testing in the sources.  Sometimes during transitions in sid
and at other times that is very helpful.  Plus if sid is broken by an
upgrade then as long as you have been updating more often than the
migration to Testing then the immediately previous package will still
be available in testing.  It is easier to install the previous version
to fix transient breakage in sid.  I have needed to do that many
times.  Easier than snapshot.debian.net for that type of thing.

I have both of these lines on my Sid machine.

  deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian sid main contrib non-free
  deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free

Bob