Re: Sid Systemd upgrade

Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> You can install systemd to try it out before committing to it as your
> default init system. Just install 'systemd' but not 'systemd-sysv' and
> pass init=/bin/systemd to Linux via your boot manager.

Hi all,

FWIW, I just tried this with my amd64 sid system.
Most things seem to work. The only obvious
glitch was that my soundcard (Intel HDA) didn't
produce any sound although the modules were loaded.

Alsamixer usually selects Intel HDA, however under
systemd, the loopback device was displayed.

Maybe it was just the ordering of sound devices.
It's been so long since I've troubleshooted sound
that I forget to even check /proc/asound/cards.

I'll look next time, and also wait a little longer for
others to shake out the bugs.  :-)

cheers,

Joel