Re: Circular dependency.

On Mi, 09 iul 14, 11:03:48, G.W. Haywood wrote:

> I found that the problem appeared to be a circular dependency.  When I
> removed all the packages in the dependency loop in a single operation
> things went much more smoothly.
>
> dpkg -B -r libaccess-bridge-java-jni libaccess-bridge-java openjdk-6-jre

libaccess-bridge-java-jni
Depends: libaccess-bridge-java

but

libaccess-bridge-java
Recommends: libaccess-bridge-java-jni

So technically there's no circular dependency, but unfortunately this
doesn't help with removals. Maybe try with --no-install-recommends ?

I can't find a connection to openjdk-6-jre, however there seems to be a
circular dependency between openjdk-6-jre-headless and
openjdk-6-jre-lib, still present in sid.

> Debian is commended for how easy it has made it to install packages.
> It would be commended still more if it were as easy to remove them.

There are people looking into issues like these, but they might be
unavoidable in a distribution the size of Debian.

Kind regards,
Andrei