Re: System Temperature sensing

On 07/16/2014 07:42 PM, Bzzzz wrote:
On Wed, 16 Jul 2014 19:24:01 -0700
Marc Shapiro <marcnshap@gmail.com> wrote:

      Temp 1: 32 C to 33 C    Max since reboot 38 C
      Temp 3: 28 C to 48 C    Max since reboot 56 C
      Temp 2: 43 C to 54 C    Max since reboot 54 C
Install a widget that graphically display CPU(s) usage.
Psensors does this.  Top also gives CPU usage.
Additionally, the temperatures are constantly spiking.
If they're spiking, it's because "something"'s pushing
them up; apart from the widget, conduct an investigation
from the cold to the hot with top opened ASA the machine's
booted. Also check your wife's temperature, you never know.
Shutting down my daughter's instance of Firefox, with a flash game running, had an immediate and dramatic effect on the temperature. Within about 4 minutes the temps had dropped 15 - 20 C and after a few more minutes the spikiness became much less frequent, as well. Opening and closing programs will cause spiking, but then it seems to calm down again. BTW, just typing this post seems to have brought back the spikes after about 5 minutes without any. So I'm going on the assumption that occasional spikes "just happen" and probably are not an issue. Flash, and video, however, cause constant spiking and need to be shut down when not actually in use. Other than that, I don't see anything specific that seems to coincide with spiking temps.

Marc

Marc