Re: How to add package sources?

Bob Holtzman wrote:
> Brian wrote:
>           .........snip........
> > Consider using
> >    deb http://http.debian.net/debian wheezy main contrib non-free
>
> debian.net and not debian.org??????

"It's cool!" :-)  Visit http://http.debian.net/ and read about it.
Here is the original announcement of it.

  https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2012/06/msg00007.html

It is a relatively new http redirector for Debian mirrors.  It is run
by Raphael Geissert a well known Debian Developer.  It is basically a
CDN.  It is a way to use a redirector to dynamically select an
appropriate mirror.  I have been using it and it has been working well
for me.  Often new services start as unofficial experiments in the
debian.net domain and then after being proved as too useful to live
without they get migrated to the debian.org.  This one is still in the
proving time under debian.net but it seems to have been working well.

Bob