Re: What do you guys use instead of youtube-dl and minitube?

Steve Litt wrote:
> As far as I can see, Wheezy has no package for either youtube-dl or
> minitube. What are you guys using to fill that need?

AFAIR, youtube-dl was not admitted to stable because it is subject to
changes, due to changes in YouTube itself. This was something the maker
of youtube-dl did not quite agree with.
But you can install it from jessie or download it from here and follow
the instructions: http://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/download.html
AFAICS, the latter is just a script that you put into /usr/local/bin.