Re: Problem with Debian 7.5 i386 lxde LIVE ISO and Brasero

Hi,

Bret Busby's Brasero:
> SCSI error on write(14096,16): [5 21 02] Invalid address

This is a problem between libburn and drive.
libburn is supposed to write a sequence of consequtive block
addresses in steps of 16. The drive perceives block address 14096
as out of sequence.

Since libburn and drives usually do not have this problem, we
are facing an individual defect here. Having the choice between
an individually bad libburn and an individually bad drive, i
now point to the drive. It seems ill.

I am the developer of libburn. If you suspect that libburn is the
culprit, then we can examine the data traffic between software
and drive, by help of my command line program xorriso.
In this case send me the file  /tmp/xorriso.log  which gets produced
by this very verbous program run:

  xorriso -as cdrecord \
     dev=/dev/sr0 -V -v debian-live-7.5.0-i386-lxde-desktop.iso \
     2>&1 | tee -i /tmp/xorriso.log

(I assume your drive has address /dev/sr0. If you have more than
 one drive, it could be sr1, sr2, ...)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas