Re: Problem with Debian 7.5 i386 lxde LIVE ISO and Brasero

On Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 02:12:56AM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
> On 12/07/2014, Bret Busby <bret.busby@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > I have downloaded the file
> > debian-live-7.5.0-i386-lxde-desktop.iso
> > and tried to write it to a DVD (type DVD-R), using Brasero, and it
> > does not work.
> >
> > With the "Burning Disc" dialogue box, it states that it has written
> > 2%, then goes to an "ejecting medium" message, then a dialogue box
> >
> > "
> > Error while burning.
> >
> > SCSI error on write(14096,16): [5 21 02] Invalid address
> > "
> >
> > Is the ISO image faulty?

Check the MD5Sum.

To eliminate brasero from the equation, I would see what wodim thinks.

e.g.

wodim -v -dummy speed=4 /path/to/file.iso

-dummy will ensure the laser is turned off so that you don't create
another coaster.

You *may* need to pass the device if wodim doesn't detect it, with
'dev=/dev/sdx' or 'dev=/dev/srx' (replace x with right value.)

If there are no errors, (the -v means verbose) then remove the '-dummy'
option to see if it burns properly.

I would first check the MD5Sum, though.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X