Re: [was UEFI] someone does

On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 20:36:21 -0400
Doug <dmcgarrett@optonline.net> wrote:

> (Obviously it worked in that direction, not the other way, since
> the old saying exists: "A pint's a pound the world around."  And
> now it ain't!)

This was because we found our anglo-saxons friends a tiny
bit embarrassed by such things, that we invented the
metric system *<;-)

(You don't have any idea about the number of different
measures, often wearing the same name but largely unequal,
that was in this time in france).

--
<Akee'Dodo> I live in magnificent world of plenty
<Akee'Dodo> my mom is pushing my friends and me to drink