Re: [was UEFI] someone does

On 7/11/14, Brad Rogers <brad@fineby.me.uk> wrote:
> This is an international list;  Different countries have different rules
> of grammar and spelling, even when the language is ostensibly the same.
>
> In any case, Mr. used to always have a full stop after it, much as etc.
> did/does.  The dropping of the stop came along after I went to school, at
> the same time the comma stopped being used in addresses on and in
> letter headings.

I'm old school taught, too.. To bring it more or less on topic, I
noticed A LOT of changes like that slowly worked their way into
acceptance around the same time the word "computer" was becoming more
commonly uttered.. Not all that long ago, every comma, period, AND
space that could be dropped from usage had a visually measurable data
storage impact on those tiny hard drives of (also) not very long
ago... :)

Cindy :)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey