Re: Samsung C410 KVM USB pass-through [not quite resolved]

isn't it possible to run the cups server in Linux and install a network printer in the VM?

floris

That's what I I initially tried doing but the driver doesn't seem to work properly - I get a message "the current printer port is not supported for the printer status" and I get something printing that looks more like a printer status page than the Windows test print page or whatever else I was trying to print.

is this page of any help:
http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?modelname=SCX-4828FN&from_osc=&idx=422720&modelcode=&__ncforminfo=Owo4nXOcLGFEuKWo1yfpY33Cn13gocfFejSTMCI5R9DK4gG45yRjX34PXbXhKnjLpKhB3xSjPFBoL6-ny9Or6sPxH92M-6ZtjdxAOfReESo=&;

otherwise you maybe can get more help on the cups mailing list

success,

floris