Samsung C410 KVM USB pass-through

I'm running a Windows XP/Pro VM (KVM) on a Debian/Wheezy server and am trying to get a USB printer (Samsung C410) attached to the server to work. The manufacturer suggested trying the USB pass-through but the port just shows "unknown device" in the Windows device manager.

It doesn't seem to like being a Samba or CUPS printer either. In both cases I get a message about "the current printer port is not supported for the printer status" and I get something printing that looks more like a printer status page than the Windows test print page.

Any ideas on how to get around this? Anything I can tweak on the USB pass-through settings to make this work?